Charles Reilly, M.D.
Charles “Chaz” Reilly, M.D. is a board-certified ophthalmologist. Dr. Reilly is fellowship trained in Cornea/External Disease and Refractive Surgery; he provides the full range of ophthalmic services including LASIK, PRK, Premium Cataract Surgery, Corneal Transplants and laser treatments.
|• Board Certified Ophthalmologist
• Fellowship Trained in Cornea/External Disease
• Fellowship Trained in Refractive Surgery
• U.S. Air Force Academy
• Distinguished Graduate
• Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
• Outstanding Air Force Graduate
|• University of California, Davis Medical Center
• Air Force Surgeon General’s Consultant for Refractive Surgery
• Chairman and Flight Commander for Wilford Hall’s Ophthalmology Department
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
• Air Force Surgeon Excellence Award
• Flight Surgeon of the Year for Air Mobility Command
• Cornea Society
Why Charles Reilly, MD?
Dr. Reilly is a dedicated researcher and teacher with numerous peer-reviewed publications and book chapters. He created the first refractive surgery curriculum for both the Air Force and the University of Texas Health Sciences Center, San Antonio. His research led to LASIK approval for Air Force Pilots and he is the recipient of the Educator of the Year Award for the San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium. He also serves as an Associate Examiner for the American Board of Ophthalmology and an exam developer for the Refractive Section of the American Board of Ophthalmology. He is an internationally recognized expert in his field and has been an invited lecturer to numerous conferences and universities worldwide. Dr. Reilly’s expertise led to the Food and Drug Administration selecting him to serve as a consultant to the Ophthalmic Devices Panel of the FDA.